Taking a break: Shawn Mendes announced that he would be postponing several of his upcoming tour dates with a post that was shared to his Instagram account on Friday; she is seen in June

Shawn Mendes says he has reached a ‘breaking point’ and postpones several of his planned tour dates

Shawn Mendes says he has reached a ‘breaking point’ and postpones several of his planned tour dates to ‘take care of myself and my mental health’

  • The 23-year-old singer cited his commitment to his mental health as the reason for the sudden stoppage of his planned run of shows 
  • Wonder: The World Tour previously kicked off last month in Portland and it was scheduled to continue until August of next year 
  • Mendes began by writing: ‘This breaks my heart to have to say this, but unfortunately I’m going to have to postpone the next three weeks of shows through Uncasville, CT until further notice’ 
  • The There’s Nothing Holdin’ Me Back singer expressed that he was never particularly fond of spending lengthy periods of time away from his loved ones 
  • Mendes stated that, although he was previously committed to getting back to touring, he felt that it would be best to take time off from his schedule 

Shawn Mendes announced that he would be postponing several of his upcoming tour dates with a post that was shared to his Instagram account on Friday.

The 23-year-old singer cited his commitment to his mental health as the reason for the sudden stoppage of his planned run of shows.

Wonder: The World Tour previously kicked off last month in Portland and it was scheduled to continue until August of next year.

Taking a break: Shawn Mendes announced that he would be postponing several of his upcoming tour dates with a post that was shared to his Instagram account on Friday; she is seen in June

Mendes began by writing: ‘This breaks my heart to have to say this, but unfortunately I’m going to have to postpone the next three weeks of shows through Uncasville, CT until further notice.’

The There’s Nothing Holdin’ Me Back singer expressed that he was never particularly fond of spending lengthy periods of time away from his loved ones.

‘I’ve been touring since I was 15 and to be honest it’s always been difficult to be on the road away from friends and family,’ he said.

Mendes stated that, although he was previously committed to getting back to touring, he felt that it would be best to take time off from his schedule.

Reasoning: The 23-year-old singer cited his commitment to his mental health as the reason for the sudden stoppage of his planned run of shows

Reasoning: The 23-year-old singer cited his commitment to his mental health as the reason for the sudden stoppage of his planned run of shows

‘After a few years off the road, I was ready to dive back in, but the decision was premature and unfortunately the toll of the road and the pressure has caught up to me and Ive hit a breaking point,’ he said.

The hitmaker then noted that he had consulted several individuals before making the decision to postpone his dates. 

‘After speaking with my team and mental health professionals, I need some time to heal and take care of myself and my mental health, first and foremost,’ he said.

Mendes concluded by writing: ‘As soon as as there are more updates I promise I will let you know love you guys.’

Professional help: The hitmaker then noted that he had consulted several individuals before making the decision to postpone his dates

Professional help: The hitmaker then noted that he had consulted several individuals before making the decision to postpone his dates

The performer took on the tour in support of his most recent studio album, Wonder, which was released in December of 2020.

The hitmaker subsequently stated that he would be embarking on a tour across North America and Europe in September of last year.

Several tour dates were postponed for a single year due to the ongoing state of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Additional shows were added to the already-packed schedule this past January.

Purpose: The performer took on the tour in support of his most recent studio album, Wonder, which was released in December of 2020

Purpose: The performer took on the tour in support of his most recent studio album, Wonder, which was released in December of 2020

The tour kicked off at the Moda Center in Portland on June 27, and the final North American show was set to take place at the Prudential Center in Newark on October 26.

The European leg of the run of shows was scheduled to begin in Bologna on May 31 of next year, and it was set to end on August 1.

Mendes’ most recent performance took place at the Canada Life Centre in Winnipeg on Thursday evening. 

His next appearance was supposed to occur at the Xcel Energy Center in Saint Paul, Minnesota. 

Missed opportunity: His next appearance was supposed to occur at the Xcel Energy Center in Saint Paul, Minnesota

Missed opportunity: His next appearance was supposed to occur at the Xcel Energy Center in Saint Paul, Minnesota

Advertisement

#Shawn #Mendes #reached #breaking #point #postpones #planned #tour #dates

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.